Tuesday, February 14, 2017

AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH......

I ALWAYS buy a ticket when I park my car, either for work or leisure.
I bought my ticket this morning, placed the ticket the right way up on the dashboard, went in to work, then returned to a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE on my car....and a ticket on the dashboard that was upside down....I am guessing that it flipped over when I closed the door.
I KNOW that it is my responsibility to ensure it is the right way up...but it WAS when I left it...and I still have the ticket.....GGRRRRRR.
When I tried to access the local council website re PCN challenges it couldn't find my PCN there....and it wouldn't let me proceed with the challenge...but I have the PCN and the ticket here in my hand......so I'm not ABLE  to challenge it because of their system.....GGGRRRR.
I feel so angry because I DID and always DO pay.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

10 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

Surely, as long as you can prove that you paid for a ticket (which is what it's all about) then they can't fine you. Persevere, and don't pay!

sensibilia said...

What is it about parking that makes us so incensed. I took my car today to pick up hubby from outpatient check at the hospital. Two out of the three pay machines were out of order, so long queue so had to go into next pay band. Should he have wanted to call a taxi (he forgot his mobile) both the pay phones were out of order.

I think what is so infuriating is that these are "services" that we do actually pay for. They are not doing us a favour. In every other area of life paying customers are usually treated with courtesy, the people doing THEM a favour. Not parking. They are bullies!

libby said...

Cro...I am going to appeal but I don't hold out much hope.
S..Hope hubby is ok.....yes I was really cross when I got the ticket...I'm a little calmer now but am really fed up about paying for every bloody thing in this country while others do not.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

A well-composed, polite letter with evidence may help you to the right conclusion. I would hope that your local council has more humanity and common sense that the PPC (Private Parking Cowboys). You might also include a character reference from your superior/manager at work confirming that you customarily park in this car park.

libby said...

YP...thank you...yes I did send a short polite email...we shall see.

Trish Burgess said...

Let's hope the email works as that's just infuriating beyond words.
How are you? Hope all is well xx

libby said...

Trish, it is maddening, but I don't hold out much hope. As for how I am...well the last year has not been one of the best, truth be told, and after finding ma on the floor and dad in a state trying to lift her, then I suspect things are not going to get better...but thank you. x

Share my Garden said...

This happened to me. I wrote a letter enclosing my timed and dated ticket as proof of purchase and was 'let off'. Hope you are successful!

libby said...

SMG..welcome...and thank you...I have done that and have my fingers crossed.

Pam said...

How very very annoying! Hope they let you off.